Sign-ups for the summer reading program will begin on May 30 at 11 a.m. at the Library. All of the events will be held at the library, except for a trip next door to the Signal Mountain Playhouse and the final celebration at the swimming pool, to which your whole family is invited. The program is designed for children in elementary school, but younger or older siblings are welcome.
Check out the schedule of events below and join in the fun:
• May 30: 11 a.m. Registration begins.
• June 6: 11 a.m. Come join the Bandana Babes in a rousing sing-along.
• June 13: 11 a.m. Bill Haley from the Tennessee Aquarium will present “Feeling Froggy.” Amphibians abound!
• June 20: 11 a.m. Artist Augusta Webb will help each child create a piece of art to take home.
• June 27: 11 a.m. The Terpsichord Dancers from GPS will teach movement and encourage participation. Come in your tutu!
• July 5: (Please note that this is a Wednesday) 11 a.m. We will visit the Signal Mountain Playhouse for a preview of “Willy Wonka,” the summer production, and tour the stage and backstage area.
• July 11: 11 a.m. Bill Haley from the Tennessee Aquarium will return with “No Bones About It,” where children will see both marine and terrestrial invertebrates.
• July 18: 11 a.m. Noah’s Little Ark Petting Zoo will set up in our backyard with an amazing menagerie of farm animals and also provide a pony for rides.
• July 25: 7 p.m. Grand Finale swimming party at the Signal Mountain pool. Program participants are invited to bring their whole family to this fun event. We will serve refreshments and give out prizes plus special discount tickets from Lake Winnepesaukah. There will also be a drawing for two free passes to Lake Winnie.